- Walking from the station (10-15 minutes)
- Come out of the station, turn immediately left passing the rising bollards, many bus stops with tall student accommodation buildings on either side and after 250 metres (having crossed the road) turn right into Brookgate. Cross onto the left side of the road and continue walking until you reach the junction with Hills Road.
- Turn left along Hills Road and go up over the railway bridge and down to a major junction controlled by traffic lights (Hills Road/Cherry Hinton Road).
- The College is approximately 100 metres past this junction, on the right hand side.
- From the city centre - Emmanuel Street (next to Drummer Street Bus Station)
- Stop E1 for Stagecoach’s Citi 1 or Citi 7 buses which stop directly opposite the College
- Journey time is approximately 11 minutes.
- We are also on the Babraham Park and Ride route.
- More bus information: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20017/buses
- Turn off the M11 at junction 11 (signposted: Cambridge South A1309) and head towards Cambridge through Trumpington following signs to the city centre.
- After one and a half miles turn right into Long Road (A1134) at the traffic lights.
- Follow the road up over the double railway bridge passing Long Road Sixth Form College on the right just before the traffic lights.
- After one mile turn left at the traffic lights (a major cross road) signposted City Centre and Railway Station into Hills Road.
- Hills Road Sixth Form College is situated approximately half a mile along Hills Road on the left hand side approximately 100 metres before the junction with Cherry Hinton Road which is controlled by traffic lights.
There is limited parking on site and none is available for students. The car park at the rear of the site is reserved for staff, users of the Sports and Tennis Centre and any disabled students. The car park at the front of the College is temporarily closed (until spring 2016) due to building work taking place at the College. There are spaces available for disabled drivers in the rear car-park. Students attending Adult Education classes, Open University tutorials or hiring facilities are directed to use public transport or to park off site. The multi-storey car park on Clifton Road is within a few minutes walking distance of the College. Please bear in mind the needs of local residents if you choose to park in roads near the College. Purbeck Road is a private, non-through road. This road is the access route for fire appliances and other emergency vehicles supporting the College, local businesses and residents. No parking
is allowed on the road which has double yellow lines painted on both sides along its length.
Unfortunately, at our Open Evenings November, we regret there is NO
car parking on site (except for disabled visitors). We would strongly advise you to use public transport to travel to the College. The College is a 10-15 minute walk from the train station and it is on Stagecoach's Citi 1 and Citi 7 bus routes and also on the Babraham Road Park and Ride route.
Bus information: http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/info/20017/buses
To prevent frustration, please avoid travelling to the College by car because the Clifton Road car-park and the surrounding roads get congested very quickly.