Examinations Office


Post results

Application forms for remarks can be collected from the Exams Office. Closing date 16 September.
Information about re-sits will be given to students once term commences.

The examinations office is open 11.15am-1.30pm Monday – Friday, during term time. 
Telephone number 01223 278090 
Email: exams@hillsroad.ac.uk.     

Private candidates

The College welcomes private candidates for a wide range of written examinations for A Level and GCSE with any of the awarding organisations including IGCSE’s with Edexcel and CIE. We are unable to accept applications for qualifications requiring internal assessment such as coursework, a controlled test, or a practical unit; this includes A Level sciences.  Private candidates are also welcome for BMAT, STEP or any other test from the Admissions Testing Service. National Extension College (NEC) students can take their exams at Hills Road, all arrangements must be made directly with the NEC. For further information please contact the Examinations office on 01223 278090 or email: exams@hillsroad.ac.uk 

Applications for June 2016 examinations will open in September.
Applications for November 2015 examinations are now OPEN. Please email for application form.
Applications for January 2016 IGCSE examinations are now OPEN. Please email for application form.
Applications for November 2015 BMAT/MAT and Oxford University tests are now OPEN


US College Board SAT Tests

The College is an international centre for the American US College Board SAT tests (Centre number 57128). The College only provides accommodation and invigilation to allow candidates to take the test. Please note

  • All applications, administration and bookings can only be made with the US College Board, please see website http://sat.collegeboard.org/home
  • The College is unable to assist with any administrative arrangements.
Test day

Please see the Finding us page on this website.

Doors open at 7.45am.

The SAT usually finishes by 1.30pm.

All candidates MUST

  • Be registered in advance to take the test.
  • Show their entry voucher. (Clearly printed)
  • Show acceptable photographic ID e.g. Passport, EU National Identity Card, UK photographic drivers’ license. Other school or college issued ID cards may not be accepted unless the institution contacts us in advance of the test to make arrangements, contact exams@hillsroad.ac.uk