The examinations office is open 11.15am-1.30pm Monday – Friday, during term time.
Telephone number 01223 278090
Resits for College students
Current students may re-sit some exams taken the previous year. OPEN the application form.
Private candidates (and former students)
The College welcomes private candidates for a wide range of written examinations for A Level and GCSE with any of the awarding organisations including IGCSE’s with Edexcel and CIE. We are unable to accept applications for qualifications requiring internal assessment such as coursework, a controlled test, or a practical unit; this includes A Level sciences.
Please read our information guide. Private candidates are also welcome for BMAT, STEP or any other test from the Admissions Testing Service. National Extension College (NEC) students can take their exams at Hills Road, all arrangements must be made directly with the NEC. For further information please contact the Examinations office on 01223 278090 or email: email@example.com
Applications for summer 2017examinations are OPEN (click this link).
US College Board SAT Tests
The College is an international centre for the American US College Board SAT tests (Centre number 57128). The College only provides accommodation and invigilation to allow candidates to take the test.
- All applications, administration and bookings can only be made with the US College Board, please see website http://sat.collegeboard.org/home
- The College is unable to assist with any administrative arrangements.
Please see the Finding us page on this website.
Doors open at 7.45am.
The SAT usually finishes by 1.30pm.
All candidates MUST
- Be registered in advance to take the test.
- Show their entry voucher. (Clearly printed)
- Show acceptable photographic ID e.g. Passport, EU National Identity Card, UK photographic drivers’ license. Other school or college issued ID cards may not be accepted unless the institution contacts us in advance of the test to make arrangements, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
University admissions tests
Applications for STEP tests in 2017 will open in March. Applications for November BMAT and University Admissions tests will open in July.
Examination certificates are valuable documents as they are the official legal record and should be looked after very carefully. We cannot provide a replacement. The Exam Boards have information on their websites about obtaining a certifying statement of results should you lose your certificate. They will charge a fee.
Book an appointment to collect Certificates in December/January or you can pay to have them sent by secure post. Click here to open the form.