Why choose Double Maths?
This means studying Maths A level and Further Maths A level together. It is a course for those with a strong interest in pursuing Maths beyond sixth form and demands a strong overall GCSE profile. Students often take it because they want to study Maths, physics or engineering at degree level and would find a stronger mathematical background helpful. It can be extremely rewarding for you if you enjoy Maths and are stimulated by the faster pace and greater depth. The course covers all available Pure Maths modules.
We offer the following AQA courses in Year 12:
1. Double Mathematics
2. Mathematics with Mechanics
3. Mathematics with Statistics
4. Use of Mathematics
Further details of these courses can be found by opening the Open Evening Document Link below.
- Further Maths is essential for some university courses in Maths,
- Further Maths is useful for some university courses in Economics, Computing, Physics and Engineering.
- Students currently take five module exams in Year 12 and seven in Year 13.
- No coursework.
- Includes both mechanics and statistics modules, students are encouraged to use a graphical calculator.
- Is taken with three other subject choices.
- Six lessons per week.