Thank you for your interest in Hills Road Sixth Form College.
If you have any further questions about our application process, please contact Claire Walker
, Admissions Officer, via firstname.lastname@example.org
In-area and out-area applications
The great majority of places will be offered to qualified 'in-area' applicants. 'In-area' applicants are those who, during the academic year prior to admissions, are: attending a Cambridgeshire Area Partnership (CAP) school (see the CAP website
are living with their parent(s) in the Local Authority defined area served by the CAP schools (as defined by this list of 'in-area' postcodes
All other applicants are classified as 'out-area'. We strongly encourage 'out-area' applications, offers from which are continuing to increase each year. For example, 250 out of 400 qualified out-area applicants in 2016 received an offer in either April or August. ‘Out-area’ applicants are encouraged to apply to more than one CAP centre to keep options open, and are also strongly advised to make provision in their own local area.
How to apply STOP PRESS (Dec 2016) – ART HISTORY WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTER ALL FOR 2017 ENTRY!
(further details on our Art History page
For technical reasons, Art History cannot at this stage be added to the subject list in the application systems below.
But if you wish to include Art History among your subject choices, there will be an opportunity to do this later through our online ‘course confirmation process’ (by adding Art History to your choices, for example in place of one of the subjects in your original application). 1. If you attend a CAP school
, you should apply through UCAS Progress
according to the internal timescales set by your school and no later than Thursday 12th January 2017, our deadline date.
The UCAS Progress
online system is also available to some other schools, including:
2. All other applicants
- Cambridge: Heritage School, St Mary's School
- Fenland: Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Community College and Thomas Clarkson Academy
- Huntingdonshire: Hinchingbrooke School
should apply using the Hills Road Application Form (link below).
To complete this form, you will need:
- The title and name (eg Ms A Smith) and school email address of the member of staff from your current school who will be able to provide us with your estimated grades and reference.
- A personal statement detailing your career aspirations, why you want to study your chosen subjects and your other interests. You will be able to paste this directly into the form providing that it does not exceed the 4000 character limit (as for a UCAS personal statement, and equating to about one side of A4).
If you would like to be able to save your progress and complete the form later, or to be able to amend your responses, you will be able to create an account and return to the form by re-using the above link.
In addition to completing the Hills Road Application Form, applicants whose families are intending to move into the CAP area (as defined above) before 1st September 2017 are asked to send details of their intended move to email@example.com
(and to keep us updated about any progress or changes, especially contact details). If the applicant is taking different qualifications from those available in England/Wales, details should also be provided.
This form needs to be completed with enough time for your referee to enter their information. You should therefore aim to complete it according to the internal timescales set by your school and no later than Thursday 5th January 2017
. On completion, an automated email will then be sent to your referee for their completion by Thursday 12th January 2017, our deadline date. Please note:
for those who have already applied: the link below is not your 'Course Confirmation Form'
(you have been sent an email with a separate link).
The link is still active only for applicants who are moving into the area with their families.
If this is the case, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
to explain your circumstances.
Link to the Hills Road Application Form
All other applications have closed
For entry in September 2017
- 9th & 10th November 2016 - Hills Road Open Evenings
- During December - Complete your application form with the help from your school
- 12th January 2017 - Deadline for applications to reach Hills Road and all other post-16 CAP centres
- During February - In-area guidance meetings and out-area online course confirmation process begin.
- 6th February - Main guidance meeting day
- March - Offers of places made to 'in-area' applicants
- April - Offers of places made to 'out-area' applicants
- July - Information Pack sent to students holding offers
- 24th August - GCSE Results day
- Friday 25th and Tuesday 29th August - Main enrolment days
- September - Induction days and start of teaching
More information on the Term dates webpage
Links to further advice on the College website
The following tool checks to see if your estimated and actual grades satisfy the College's minimum B grade average requirement (based on Mathematics, English Language and your next four best grades):
The government’s 16-19 Bursary scheme will be available to provide financial help for students in financial need, depending on family income. Students eligible for free school meals at their current school are also now entitled to free school meals for their two years at College too. The criteria for allocating money for both these schemes will be communicated to students during the application and enrolment process. For students entitled to free school meals, lunches will be provided through the cashless catering system that all our students use.
Transport Transport information