Thank you for your interest in Hills Road Sixth Form College.
If you have any further questions about our application process, please contact Claire Walker
, Admissions Officer, via HR-Admissions@hillsroad.ac.uk
In-area and out-area applications
The great majority of places will be offered to qualified 'in-area'
applicants. 'In-area' applicants are those who, during the academic year prior to admissions, are:
- attending a Cambridgeshire Area Partnership (CAP) school (see the CAP website)
- OR are living with their parent(s) in the Local Authority defined area served by the CAP schools (as defined by this list of 'in-area' postcodes).
All other applicants are classified as 'out-area
'. This includes applicants who are moving in
to the CAP area, who are asked to provide a covering letter with their application detailing their circumstances (and to keep us updated about any changes, especially contact details).
We shall be pleased to consider 'out-area'
applications, an increasing number of which have been resulting in offers in recent years. Indeed, as many as 50% of the qualified ‘out-area’ applications eventually led to offers in 2015 (200 out of 400). ‘Out-area’ applicants are encouraged to apply to more than one CAP centre to keep options open, and are also strongly advised to make provision in their own local area.
How to apply All applicants attending CAP schools
should apply through UCAS Progress
The UCAS Progress
online system is also available to some other schools, including:
- Huntingdonshire: Hinchingbrooke School and St Peter's School
- Fenland: Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Community College and Thomas Clarkson Academy
All other applicants should apply using the Hills Road Application Form which will be available here from 1st November 2016.
Please send the completed application form directly to Claire Walker, Admissions Officer, Hills Road Sixth Form College, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 8PE
. If you wish your application to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped addressed postcard containing the following words: ' We acknowledge receipt of your application for a place at Hills Road Sixth Form College.' All applications
should reach the College by 12th January 2017
For entry in September 2017
- 9th & 10th November 2016 - Hills Road Open Evenings
- During December - Complete your application form with the help from your school
- 12th January 2017 - Deadline for applications to reach Hills Road and all other post-16 CAP centres
- During February - In-area guidance meetings and out-area online course confirmation process begin.
- 6th February - Main guidance meeting day
- March - Offers of places made to 'in-area' applicants
- April - Offers of places made to 'out-area' applicants
- July - Information Pack sent to students holding offers
- 24th August - GCSE Results day
- Dates TBC August - Main enrolment days
- September - Induction days and start of teaching
Links to further advice on the College website
The following tool checks to see if your estimated and actual grades satisfy the College's minimum B grade average requirement (based on Mathematics, English Language and your next four best grades):
The government’s 16-19 Bursary scheme will be available to provide financial help for students in financial need, depending on family income. Students eligible for free school meals at their current school are also now entitled to free school meals for their two years at College too. The criteria for allocating money for both these schemes will be communicated to students during the application and enrolment process. For students entitled to free school meals, lunches will be provided through the cashless catering system that all our students use.
Transport Transport information