Hills Road Sixth Form College is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming community where all students are enabled to meet their full potential and are respected as individuals.
Admission is open to all qualified applicants. With effect from 2019, there is no distinction being made in relation to an applicant’s school or home address
(so applicants are no longer being classified as ‘in-area’ or ‘out-area’).
However, applicants must live, or intend to move to live, with their parent(s) within sustainable commuting distance
of the College (for the duration of their two-year course).
Our other main minimum entry criteria for A level courses
are as follows (please see our Admissions Policy
for further details):
- a GCSE profile broadly equivalent* to four subjects at grade 6 and four at grade 5, including English Language and Maths
*where the equivalence of GCSE profiles is based on our 'admissions score'
- the minimum grade requirements for your chosen A level subjects, as specified in our prospectus and here.
Although we are unable to guarantee a place, we do expect to be able to make offers to nearly all applicants, as we did last year.
How to apply 1. If you attend a Cambridge Area Partnership school, you will be applying through UCAS Progress according to the internal timescales set by your school and no later than Thursday 10 January 2019, our deadline date.
The UCAS Progress online system is also available to some other schools, including:
- Cambridge: Heritage School, Sancton Wood School
- Fenland: Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Community College
- Huntingdonshire: Hinchingbrooke School and St Peter's School.
2. All other applicants, including those who are moving-in to the area,
should apply using the Hills Road Application Form,
which will be available on this page from early November. Please note: You are likely to find it easier to complete this form on a computer rather than on a mobile phone. To complete this form, you will need:
This form needs to be completed with enough time for your referee to enter their information
- An email address for a parent* who lives at home with you [*or your designated legal guardian].
- The title and name (eg Ms A Smith) and school email address of the member of staff from your current school who will be able to provide us with your estimated grades and reference.
- A personal statement detailing your career aspirations, why you want to study your chosen subjects and your other interests. You will be able to paste this directly into the form providing that it does not exceed the 4000 character limit (as for a UCAS personal statement, and equating to about one side of A4).
. You should therefore aim to complete it according to the internal timescales set by your school and no later than Thursday 3 January 2019
. On completion, an automated email will then be sent to your referee for their completion by Thursday 10 January 2019
, our deadline date. Hills Road Application Form 2019
(you will be able to access this link from early November)
For entry in September 2019
More information on the Term dates webpage...
Links to further advice on the College website
If you have any further questions about our application process, please contact the Admissions Team, via firstname.lastname@example.org.