Out-area course confirmation form 2015
Link to our out-area course confirmation form 2015: out-area course confirmation form
Hills Road is a sixth form college whose principal role is to provide high quality education for local 16-19 year olds. Our admissions policy
states that the great majority of places will be offered to qualified 'in-area' applicants. 'In-area' applicants are defined to be those who, during the academic year prior to admissions, are
All students attending CAP schools are regarded as in-area, regardless of their post codes
- attending a Cambridgeshire Area Partnership (CAP) school (see the CAP website for the list of schools), or
- living with their parent(s) in the Local Authority defined area served by the CAP schools.
If you don't attend a CAP school and your home post code is not on the list, you will be considered as an 'out-area
How to apply All students
attending CAP schools should apply through UCAS Progress
. Students not attending CAP schools, apart from a few participating in UCAS Progress, should apply using the application form
(please read the accompanying guidance notes
) which can also be collected at our Open Evenings in November.
Your application should reach the College by 30th January 2015
If you have any further questions about this, please contact Claire Walker, Admissions Officer, by calling (01223) 278038 or email: email@example.com
We are pleased to consider your application if you are from 'out-area
'. You are encouraged to apply to more than one centre to keep your options open. You are also strongly advised to make provision in your own area.
The UCAS Progress
online system is available to some 'out-area' schools, including:
- Huntingdonshire: Hinchingbrooke School and St Peter's School
- Fenland: Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Community College and Thomas Clarkson Academy
If not applying through UCAS Progress please send your application form directly to Claire Walker, Admissions Officer at Hills Road. If you wish your application to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped addressed postcard containing the following words: ' We acknowledge receipt of your CAP application for at Hills Road Sixth Form College.' Moving in
If you are moving in
to the area please provide a covering letter with your application detailing your circumstances. Remember to keep us updated with any changes, especially your contact details. Your application will be regarded as 'out-area, moving in'.
For entry in September 2015
- 12th & 13th November 2014 - Hills Road Open Evenings
- During December - Complete your application form with the help from your school
- 30th January 2015 - Deadline for applications to reach Hills Road and all other post-16 CAP centres
- During February - Interviews begin. Please bear in mind that it is not possible to interview everyone at once and the timing of your interview has no bearing on any decisions we make.
- 3rd March - Main interview day
- During March - Further interviews take place
- By 17th April - Offers of places made to 'in-area' applicants
- During May - Offers of places made to 'out-area' applicants
- During July - Information Pack issued to students holding offers
- During August - GCSE Results day 20th August 2015
College enrolment days (TBC)