Hills Road is a sixth form college whose principal role is to provide high quality education for local 16-19 year olds. Our Admissions Policy
states that the great majority of places will be offered to qualified 'in-area' applicants. 'In-area' applicants are defined to be those who, during the academic year prior to admissions, are
- attending a Cambridgeshire Area Partnership (CAP) school (see the CAP website), or
- living with their parent(s) in the Local Authority defined area served by the CAP schools (see link below).
All students attending CAP schools are regarded as in-area, regardless of their post codes.
If you don't attend a CAP school and your home post code is not on the list, you will be considered as an 'out-area' candidate.
How to apply
All students attending CAP schools should apply through UCAS Progress . Students not attending CAP schools, apart from a few participating in UCAS Progress, should apply using the application form (please read the accompanying guidance notes).
Your application should reach the College by 12th January 2016.
If you have any further questions about this, please contact Claire Walker, Admissions Officer, by calling (01223) 278038 or email: email@example.com.
We are pleased to consider your application if you are from 'out-area'. You are encouraged to apply to more than one centre to keep your options open. You are also strongly advised to make provision in your own area.
The UCAS Progress online system is available to some 'out-area' schools, including:
- Huntingdonshire: Hinchingbrooke School and St Peter's School
- Fenland: Cromwell Community College, Neale-Wade Community College and Thomas Clarkson Academy
If not applying through UCAS Progress please send your application form directly to Claire Walker, Admissions Officer at Hills Road. If you wish your application to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped addressed postcard containing the following words: ' We acknowledge receipt of your CAP application for at Hills Road Sixth Form College.'
If you are moving in to the area please provide a covering letter with your application detailing your circumstances. Remember to keep us updated with any changes, especially your contact details. Your application will be regarded as 'out-area, moving in'.
For entry in September 2016
- 18th & 19th November 2015 - Hills Road Open Evenings
- During December - Complete your application form with the help from your school
- 12th January 2016 - Deadline for applications to reach Hills Road and all other post-16 CAP centres
- During February - Interviews begin. Please bear in mind that it is not possible to interview everyone at once and the timing of your interview has no bearing on any decisions we make.
- 9th February - Main interview day
- During March - Further interviews take place
- By 13th April - Offers of places made to 'in-area' applicants
- Early May - Offers of places made to 'out-area' applicants
- July - Information Pack sent to students holding offers
- 25th August - GCSE Results day
- 26th & 30th August - Likely to be College enrolment days (to be confirmed)
- September - Induction days
- September - start of teaching