The Careers Department
The Careers Department helps students to answer the question ‘What am I going to do after Hills Road?’ by:
- organising a structured programme of group and personal careers education, including:
- talks from visiting speakers from the world of work and higher education
- personal interviews and mutual support
- a wide programme of visits and work experience both in this country and abroad
- mock interviews to help you to develop your confidence and technique
- encouraging you to assess your own skills and personal qualities
- providing access to the advice of our full-time careers advisor and the seven specialist careers teachers
- encouraging you to use our extensive careers library and the intranet to research your career choices
- providing advice and help with the completion of applications to university or employment.
"The level of resourcing is exemplary....the professionalism of the programme and enthusiasm of the delivery team, leaders and
managers is wonderful. Hills Road demonstrates outstanding careers education, information, advice and guidance."
External assessor for the Cambridgeshire IAG Award, accredited July 2014.